|Company name:||Douglas Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|Company address:||Central Park Drive, Henderson, Auckland|
|Chairman:||Sir Graeme Douglas MNZM FPS|
|Managing Director:||Jeff Douglas|
|Chief Executive Officer:||Chris van Niekerk|
|Chief Financial Officer:||Kent Durbin|
|Chief Scientific Officer:||Mark Fletcher|
|Chief Operating Officier:||Rod de Spong|
|Number of employees:||450|
- High potency/containment manufacturing of softgel capsules, tablets, hard gelatin capsules, semisolids (e.g. retinoids, anticancer, immunosuppressants, steroids, Vitamin D analogues)
- Microencapsulated API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) products (e.g. retinoids)
- Novel formulations
- New strengths for existing products
|Acitretin||capsule||10mg, 17.5mg, 22.5mg||Psoriasis|
|Azathioprine||film coated tablets||25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg||Immunosuppressant|
|Becalutamide||filmcoated tablets||50mg||Prostrate Cancer|
|Clozapine||tablets||25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg||Schizophrenia|
|Cyproterone acetate||tablets||50mg, 100mg||Prostate Cancer|
|Dutasteride||softgel capsules||0.5mg||Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy|
|Isotretinoin||softgel capsules||5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg||Severe Acne|
|Quetiapine||tablets||25mg, 100mg, 200mg, 300mg||Schizophrenia|
|Risperidone||tablets||0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg, 3mg, 4mg, 6mg||Schizophrenia|
|Rivastigmine||capsules||1.5mg, 3mg, 4.5mg, 6mg||Alzheimers Disease|
* Licensing Conditions Apply
- Founded in 1967, Douglas Pharmaceuticals was initially a marketer and distributor of ethical and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines in New Zealand. In the 1980s the company began manufacturing generic pharmaceuticals for the local market.
- In the 1990s, as a consequence of New Zealand health sector reforms, Douglas increased its focus on export activities. This move resulted in the restructuring of core operations into two distinct business activities: domestic in-licensing and agency operations, to supply the New Zealand retail pharmacy sector own and in-licensed generics, OTC’s and nutraceutical/dietary supplements; and export out-licensing operations, to supply generic medicines and dietary supplements to global markets.
- Douglas Pharmaceuticals’ domestic operation has grown to more than $57 million annually and today employs one of the largest field sales teams in New Zealand. The sales team services retail pharmacy, health stores, hospitals, doctors and specialists.
- Currently we are supplying close to 30 generic products to more than 60 customers in 35 countries around the world.