|Company name:||Douglas Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|Company address:||Central Park Drive, Henderson, Auckland|
|Managing Director:||Sir Graeme Douglas MNZM FPS|
|Number of employees:||450|
- High potency/containment manufacturing of softgel capsules, tablets, hard gelatin capsules, semisolids (e.g. retinoids, anticancer, immunosuppressants, steroids, Vitamin D analogues)
- Microencapsulated API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) products (e.g. retinoids)
- Novel formulations
- New strengths for existing products
- Anastrozole tablets (1 mg)
- Azathioprine tablets (50 mg)
- Bicalutamide tablets (50 mg)
- Clozapine tablets (25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg)
- Clozapine suspension (50 mg/ml)
- Cyproterone acetate tablets (50 mg, 100 mg)
- Ethinylestradiol/cyproterone acetate tablets (35 mcg/2 mg)
- Exemestane tablets (25 mg)
- Isotretinoin softgel capsules (5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg)
- Letrozole tablets (2.5 mg)
- Quetiapine tablets (25 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg)
- Risperidone tablets (0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg, 3 mg, 4 mg, 6 mg)
- Rivastigmine tartrate capsules (1.5 mg, 3 mg, 4.5 mg, 6 mg)
- Founded in 1967, Douglas Pharmaceuticals was initially a marketer and distributor of ethical and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines in New Zealand. In the 1980s the company began manufacturing generic pharmaceuticals for the local market.
- In the 1990s, as a consequence of New Zealand health sector reforms, Douglas increased its focus on export activities. This move resulted in the restructuring of core operations into two distinct business activities: domestic in-licensing and agency operations, to supply the New Zealand retail pharmacy sector own and in-licensed generics, OTC’s and nutraceutical/dietary supplements; and export out-licensing operations, to supply generic medicines and dietary supplements to global markets.
- Douglas Pharmaceuticals’ domestic operation has grown to around $57 million annually and today employs one of the largest field sales teams in New Zealand. The sales team services retail pharmacy, health stores, hospitals, doctors and specialists.
- Our export turnover has grown exponentially to more than $85 million. Currently we are supplying close to 30 generic products to more than 60 customers in 35 countries around the world.